A Textbook of Manufacturing Technology (Manufacturing Processes)
About the Book:
"A Textbook of Manufacturing Technology" (Manufacturing Processes) has been written for students preparing for B.E./B.Tech., A.M.I.E and competitive examinations. It consists of 25 chapters in all, covering the various topics systematically and exhaustively, and a section on SHORT ANSWER QUESTIONS.
- The presentation of the subject matter is very systematic and the language of text is lucid, direct and easy to understand.
- Each chapter of the book is saturated with much needed text supported by neat and self-explanatory diagrams to make the subject matter self-speaking to a great extent.
- A large number of solved examples, properly graded, have been added in various chapters to enable the students to attempt different types of questions in the examination without any difficulty.
- At the end of each chapter "Questions with Answers", Highlights, Objective Type Questions, Theoretical Questions and Unsolved Examples have been added to make the book a complete unit in all respects.
About the Author:
Er. R.K. Rajput : Er. R.K. Rajput, born on 15th September, 1944 (coincident with Engineer's Day) is a multi-disciplinary engineer. He obtained his Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering (with Hons. -
Gold Medal) from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala. He is also a Graduate Engineer in Electrical Engineering. Apart from this he holds memberships of various
professional bodies like Member Institution of Engineers (MIE): Member Indian Society of Technical Education (MISTE) and Member Solar Energy Society of India (MSESI). He is also a
Chartered Engineer (India). He has served for several years as Principal of "Punjab College of information Technology, Patiala" and "Thapar Polytechnic, Patiala".
He has more than 35 years of experience in teaching different subjects of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering disciplines. He has published/presented a large number of technical
papers. He is the author of several books on the important subjects of Mechanical as well as Electrical Engineering disciplines. He has earned, by dint of hard work and devotion to duty, the following awards/honours:
* Best Teacher (Academic)Award ' Jawahar Lal Nehru Memorial Gold Medal for an outstanding research paper (institution of Engineers) * Distinguished Author Award *Man of Achievement Award.
1. Concept of Manufacturing
2. Casting Processes
3. Metal Forming Processes
4. Powder Metallurgy
5. Processing of Plastics
6. Ceramic and Composite Materials-Their Structure, Properties and Processing
7. Welding and Allied Processes
8. Metal Cutting
9. Machine Tools and Machining Processes
10. Thread Manufacturing
11. Gear Manufacturing
12. Unconventional Machining Processes
13. Machine Tools Testing
14. Numerical Control of Machine Tools and CAD/CAM
15. Automatic Machines
16. Jigs and Fixtures
18. Economics of Machining and Manufacturing
RECENT TRENDS IN MANUFACTURING
19. Need for Integration of Design and Manufacturing
20. Elements of Integration
21. Product and Process Design for Integration
22. Computer Aided Process Planning
23. Group Technology
24. Inspection and Quality Control
25. Maintenance Management, Work Study and MIS
Additional Objective Type Questions
(Selected from IES, IAS, GATE etc., Examinations)