A Textbook of Power System Engineering
About the Book:
This book on "Power System Engineering" has been written for students preparing for B.E., B.Tech., A.M.I.E. (I) Section B, U.P.S.C., and other Competitive Examinations. It comprises three parts: Part-I deals with "Generation", Part-II with "Transmission and Distribution" while Part-III includes "Switchgear and Protection". The book contains 28 chapters in all, at the end "Objective Type Question Bank" has also been added.
- The presentation of the subject matter is very systematic and the language of the text is lucid, direct and easy to understand.
- Each chapter of book is saturated with much needed text supported by neat and self-explanatory diagrams to make the subject self-speaking to a great extent.
- A large number of solved examples, properly graded, have been added in various chapters to enable the students to attempt different types of questions in the examination without any difficulty.
- At the end of each chapter Highlights, Objective Type Questions, Theoretical Questions and Unsolved Examples have been added to make the book a complete and comprehensive unit in all respects.
PART I : GENERATION
2. Steam Power Plant
3. Diesel Engine Power Plant
4. Gas Turbine Power Plants
5. Hydro-Electric Power Plant
6. Nuclear Power Plant
7. Non-Conventional Power Generation and Direct Energy Conversion
8. Combined Operation of Different Power Plants
9. Economics of Power Generation
10. Interconnected Systems
PART II : TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION
11. Electric Power Systems
12. Mechanical Design of Overhead Lines
13. Constants of Overhead Transmission Lines
14. Performance of Transmission Lines
15. Interference of Power Lines with Neighbouring Communication Circuits
16. Underground Cables
17. Power System Stability
18. Control of Reactive Power, Voltage and Load Frequency in Transmission Systems
19. Power Distribution Systems
20. Extra High Voltage Transmission
PART III : SWITCHGEAR AND PROTECTION
21. Symmetrical Components and Fault Calculations
22. Switches, Fuses and Circuit Breakers
23. Protective Relays
24. Protection of Alternators and Transformers
25. Protection of Bus-Bars and Lines/Feeders
26. Protection Against Overvoltages and Insulation Co-ordination
27. Neutral Earthing (Grounding)
Objective Type Questions Bank-With Answers